May 03, 2018
Turbulent Flux AS, registered in Norway with the registration number 917802971 is a flow simulation software company serving oil and gas operators globally.
We take the private nature of your personal information seriously and are committed to protecting it. We work with work flows and procedures that aim to ensure that your information is handled responsibly and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We aim for trust and respect and aim to act that way.
1. How we collect your personal data
We may collect personal data that you choose to provide to us, electronically or physically (e.g., business cards) through our Sites. This includes your first and last name, company and physical company address, email address, job title, department and telephone number. The collection of this data could be at times more extended or limited depending on the need we see to collect information responsibly. We collect personal data from, but not limited to the following:
Account and Personal Information
- We collect information about you when you register for a product or service, create or modify your profile, set preferences, and sign up for additional products and services.
- We collect information about you when you physically (e.g. business cards) or electronically (e.g. via email) provide your details with the perceived intention to create a dialogue.
- We collect information about you once you electronically apply for a job or provide your details through other means with the perceived intention to be considered for job positions at Turbulent Flux.
Content you provide through our products
- This includes content provided through or related to our FLUX Applications and FLUX Applied where we collect and store content that you send to us, use or request. This content includes any information about you that you may be required or choose to include.
Content you provide through our websites
- Fill out a form on the Site
- Sign-up to receive direct marketing communications on the Site
- Sign-up to our news alerts or newsletters
- Attend an event that we (co-)organize
- Communicate with us (for example, on a social media platform or by sending us an email or providing your business card)
- Sign-up for or access to our applications and services
Content you provide through our support channels
- Submit a customer support question, where you may choose to submit information regarding feedback, a question or problem you are experiencing with our products/services with information that would help solve the issue.
When you visit our Sites, we also may collect certain information by automated means using technologies such as cookies, non-cookie-based tokens, web server logs, tracking pixels, and web beacons. Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to identify your browser uniquely or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites. Non-cookie-based tokens are encoded URL-based identifiers that track e-mail click-thru activity or time-sensitive password reset keys and will work in scenarios where cookies are disabled or a session has not been initiated.
2. What type of information we collect that you provide to us
Personal data that you provide directly to us will depend on the context in which you provide the data. This is for example:
- If you fill out a form or request to receive electronic marketing communication from us, you will generally provide your name, contact details and other information requested by the form, such as the reason for your enquiry or your product preferences;
- If you fill out a form when signing up for or obtaining access to our products and services, you will generally provide your name, contact details and other information requested by the form. Forms depend on the extend of information required or optimal, depending on the need we see to collect information responsibly. You may choose to provide additional information within fields that are not required.
- If you fill out a form when applying for a job as well as submit additional documents (i.e., CV, certificates, etc.), you will generally submit information about your education, skills and competencies, work experience and other information such as picture, job certificates, work history, references and other relevant background information.
3. How we use your information that you provide to us
We may use personal data that you provide to us to provide you with the optimal access to our products and services, respond to and contact you on your requests, conduct surveys and questionnaires, provide news and updates about Turbulent Flux, our applications and services, consider your employment application, and contact you for other reasons related to offering our products and services.
Personal data you provide on our Sites will also help us to:
- Oblige to contractual obligations between you or your employer and Turbulent Flux
- Operate, analyze and improve our business
- Conduct market, product or persona analysis
- Analyze and improve current products and services
- Develop new products and services
- Advertise and market our products and services from time to time, and determine the effectiveness of our Sites, communication and advertisement campaigns
- Provide you with invitations to relevant (co-)organized events
- Administer the Sites, check and confirm your subscription details and settings
We use the personal data for the purposes described above because we have a legitimate interest in operating and improving our business and your product and service experience, which is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms to protect personal data about you.
Information That We Collect Automatically
We use personal data that we collect automatically through cookies, non-cookie-based tokens, web beacons, and other automated means, with the purpose of, but not limited to:
- Provision and enhancement of the user’s experience
- Customization of the Sites
- Collection of statistics about visits and visitor paths to the Site
- Administer the Sites; find and resolve technical and support problems,
We use clickstream data to determine how much time visitors spend on web pages of the Site, how visitors navigate through the Site, and how we may tailor the Site to meet the needs of our visitors. We use the personal data for the purposes described above because we have a legitimate interest in operating and improving our Site that is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms to protect personal data about you.
4. Information we share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal data that you provide to us or that we collect on our Sites. We may share personal data with service providers that perform services on our behalf such as hosting providers, payment service providers, resellers or legitimate integration partners, and associated advisers. All service providers have entered into legally binding agreements requiring them to use or disclose and store personal data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with applicable legal requirements.
In addition, we may disclose personal data about you (a) if we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, (b) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (c) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or other illegal activity, and (c) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
5. Data transfers
We may transfer/share the personal data that we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country, as outlined above, in which the personal data originally was collected. We will protect that personal data as described in this policy.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to recipients in countries outside of the EEA and Switzerland. In all such cases, we will only transfer your personal data if:
- The country to which the personal data will be transferred has been granted a European Commission adequacy decision;
- The recipient of the personal data is located in the U.S. and has certified to the US-EU Privacy Shield Framework; or
- We have put in place appropriate safeguards in respect of the transfer, for example the EU Model Contracts.
6. How long we store the data
The time period for which we keep personal data depends on the purpose for which we collect it. In all cases we keep it for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. We will then anonymize personal data, unless we are legally required to retain it personalized or if we need to retain it personalized in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example, for tax and accounting purposes). We typically retain personal data as follows:
- Personal data you provide to us through our Sites: we keep this personal data for the duration of our relationship until you opt-out.
- Personal data you provide to us through the account setup or access process: we keep this personal data for as long as necessary in order to manage access to your account and for statistical purposes thereafter.
- Personal data you provide when you sign-up to receive direct marketing communications: we keep most of this personal data for the duration of our relationship with you until you opt-out or when we do not have any contact with you for a long period of time.
- Personal data collected for analytical purposes: we keep this personal data for the period of time necessary to carry out the analytics.
- Website logs: we keep Site audit logs, which may contain your personal data, for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected.
7. Your Rights and Choices
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, you may have the following rights in relation to personal data that we hold about you:
- To request confirmation of whether we process personal data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that personal data
- To request that we rectify or update your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated
- To request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where we collected personal data on the basis of your consent and you withdraw your consent
- To request that we restrict the use of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as while we consider another request that you have submitted, for example a request that we update your personal data
- Where you have given us consent to process your personal data, to withdraw your consent
- To request that we provide a copy of your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format in certain circumstances
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in your country
8. How to contact us
If you have any questions or comments about this document or how we collect, use, or disclose personal data, you may contact us at email@example.com
If you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org